Tuesday 10 November 2020

Woodland Echoes quilt

 


A couple years ago I purchased the Woodland Echoes quilt kit in the ice colour story. It was one of the two colour ways the quilt store was offering it in a kit. Pattern/kit is from the Robert Kaufman fabric company and the pattern is free on their website if interested.

Finally found the time to sit down and make the top. Thank goodness for taking pictures as it helps you to see your mistakes. I found once it was all together that I had the two bottom corner blocks in wrong. Still need to give that area another press but will most likely to wait to do it till I am ready to quilt it. 

The kit the quilt shop made up left no room for error I found so thankfully I didn't make any.

Have the backing and the binding but will need to wait till my shoulder is a little more healed before I can tackle any actual quilting (Dr orders) but that's ok. It will be a wedding gift for one of my grandchildren down the road. In the mean time I have other quilt tops that need to be put together for oldest DS and 3 other grandchildren.

I did also pick up another centre panel in the winter colour stay thinking I would maybe do a pillow front from it. However I try to make a pillowcase from the left over fabric for the quilts I make and give. Since I am unable to I might just use the panel to make it.


2 comments: