Wednesday 4 November 2020

Me and birthday knitting

 The bandana cowl is a gift I made for my youngest DD December birthday. Pattern is from Purl Bee/Purl Soho. I used Alpaca Drift yarn in frost. Using one ball and the yarn matched the gauge on same size needle as pattern called for. However although the yardage of the yarn was more than the pattern called for I didn't have enough to finish the pattern as directed. I ended up about an inch shorter in height around the back of the neck but that area is still long enough thankfully. Must remember if I make it again to make sure I have a second ball of yarn.

A couple years ago I made a hat and had picked up some extra yarn to make a pair of mittens to go with it. I had enough of the yarn left over to do a head turban. The turban is a you-tube pattern by The snugglery.


These socks are made from a basic sock pattern using yarn by The Blue Brick dyeworks. Yarn is eggshell-Killarney socks twin.

4 comments: