Friday 27 November 2020

Christmas placemats

This year I have been trying to use up some of the fabrics laying around in my sewing room and figure it would be nice to have some Christmas placemats.
So I when looking for a pattern and found the centre block called Christmas star by Rose Johnston. It's a paper piece pattern and comes in four sizes. I choose to do the 10 inch block.
Had some cream and black Santa fabric made exclusive to Fabricland that I used for the backing. Since I simply did a quilt in the ditch I figured I could make them reversible. 
I only had enough fabric to make two placemats but than again its just me and DH for dinners. I had a little bit of fabric left over so I made a little square to stick under something like a vase or table lamp in the living room. I used three of the fabrics for the front and the fourth(dark grey/black) on the placemat as the backing for the square pad. 
Binding on the placemats is the cream/pale grey fabric used in the stars. 






 

1 comment: