Friday 7 August 2020

Christmas countdown

 


Below is the number of days till Christmas from time of posting. It will be here before I know it.



For the grandchildren ornaments this year I decided to make them a Christmas countdown calendar.
I purchased the wooden calendar block sets.  I painted the blocks light buttermilk. For 5 of the six sets I used the red Christmas print paper and as I ran out of it the sixth set got the blue star paper, along with white paint. Picked up the paper on my last visit to the states at Hobby Lobby-last fall
The black numbers are made from vinyl sticker paper I picked up at Michaels and some dies I had.
I used my label maker to do the wording.

Instead of gift wrapping the blocks I decided to make little gift bags for them.  A couple years ago a quilt shop--Sew sisters quilt- did a 12 days of Christmas where she held specials each day that you could order. When I got my order she included a little extra gift. A panel with 4 different sayings. I took two sayings per bag-different saying on each side along with the green fabric under the blocks and made the bags. I also used the same green for the lining. I used green ribbon for the handles and ties to tie the bags shut.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Rose, you have been so creative in so many ways lately! I love the countdown blocks and your idea of making gift bags to hold them. I think those might make wonderful gifts for some families I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs Tea. I should have added that the blocks sets came in a wooden box that had the top open to change out the days etc. However once they blocks/box got painted and paper onto the blocks they did not fit back into the box.
      Got the idea from how does she do blog—10 things to do with a block. They used 4 blocks.

      Delete