Thursday 21 March 2019

DGD sweater






This is the weather I made for my DGD birthday which is the beginning of April. She shares the date with my late father and I am sure he is very happy knowing he shares a birthday with his great granddaughter.

The pattern is called Matilda round-neck textured sweater and can be found in the book Lovely Knits for little girls by Vibe Ulrik Sondergaard.  The sweater in the book was made with rowan cash soft DK but I used Patons Astra in deep pink. I made the sweater in the size 5-6yrs. The other two sizes for the pattern is 3-4yrs and 7-8yrs. Needle size is 4mm for the body and sleeves and 10mm for the yoke.




This picture is a close up of the pattern. Front and the back are the same.

                                                   The picture below is of the full sweater


 I had some yarn left over as I had to order the yarn online to get the colour I wanted so I order an extra couple balls to be on the safe side.  I did a search on yarnspirations--company home site and found the pattern called cozy kid's set. It's a free pattern and the pattern set comes with directions to make a cowl.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely sweater and hat! I'm sure she'll be very happy with it. Happy birthday to your dgd in April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose ~ The sweater and hat set are precious!

    ReplyDelete