Sunday 27 January 2019

Lara scarf



On our trip last fall to Amsterdam I when looking for a yarn shop as well as fabric and quilt shops but that will be for another time as I have not decided what I plan to to do with the fabric yet.
Can not remember the name of the yarn store as I cannot seem to find the receipt or the card she gave me with her information on it.
The pattern is call Lara scarfs and it can be found in the Pompom Autumn 2016 book.
Renee Callahan is the designer of the pattern.

The store owner had the scarf knitted up and hanging in her shop where the sunlight could shine through it. It looked so pretty hanging there. 
The yarn is Herba Lana in Indische Indigo and natural. 

The scarf is knitted in two sections starting in the centre of the scarf and using the provisional cast on.  This gives the result of the pattern going in both directions and not just the one. 
It's almost dry and I can't wait to wear it. With us facing a very cold week it will be handy.



6 comments: