Sunday 13 August 2017

Rest of baby gift



With the remaining charm squares from the baby quilt I made a little pillowcase for the baby quilt. I simply made a square case with the patchwork on one side and plain ivory on the other side and did a binding around the open side. It's a little bigger than the quilt when folded so the one side can be folded under. It might also get used as the wrapping for the gift.

With the left over fabric from the quilt border and backing I made a lacey bag. The border fabric was used for the outside of the bag and the backing fabric as the lining.

The card front also has one of the charm squares sewn onto it with some lace. Figure I should try and use up all the charms instead of them just laying around and I don't think they would make it into another quilt.

1 comment: