Tuesday 18 October 2016

Christmas Lap Quilt



Last year while doing the row by row I came across a lap top quilt kit in one of the stores in a little town and picked it up. Decided in Sept that if I wanted it ready to be used by Christmas I better get at it.
Little did I know that it would be middle of October before it would be cool enough in the evenings to hand stitch the binding to the back of the quilt. Even as I type this we are still getting summer type weather as we woke up to it being 23C out and todays high is to be 30C

The pattern that came with the quilt kit is called Jelly Jive and is a Pieced Tree pattern. Had two colour choices for the kit. The one you see and the other was a mute red and soft white but since I have every colour of decorations on the tree including black I figure this would go better since it will be used in the same room as the tree.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! You did such a nice job on it. We had summer-like weather here yesterday, but today feels much more seasonal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Tomorrow is to be our last nice day of 20C and than drop into the low teens. Am sure enjoying this nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so lovely! What a warm cozy Christmas hug!

    ReplyDelete