Sunday 20 December 2020

Little bit more crafting 2020



Youngest DD is a December birthday girl and her birthday is a couple days after Christmas. She is also a book lover so when I saw this sticker I knew it would be perfect for her b-card. 

 


Although I was done with Christmas crafting awhile ago I had the idea lately that I needed to make something for my dear granddaughters other grandmother. You see in August her other set of grandparents/dad and their neighbour lost their homes to a fire caused by a electrical wire that ran between their homes.  They were not able to save anything. 

She posted pictures of their new tree and decorations and mention how she missed her special ornaments. Her and her husband both served in the army and collected ornaments from areas they served in. It than hit me that there was another ornament that will be missing from their tree. The ornaments we purchased to hang on our trees in memory of our other granddaughter that we lost at 4 months.

An ornament that I have made in the pass for others came to mind and so I made her one as well. It's a simple clear plastic with a simple white feather in it and a poem that starts with "A feather from heaven" On the back of the poem I wrote our granddaughters full name and birth and death info onto it.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, this story brings tears to my eyes. I'm sure they will cherish the ornament

    ReplyDelete